Over 29 million worldwide have now attended an Alpha course, an opportunity to explore the meaning of life, running in tens of thousands of churches of all types across the world.
Alpha is a very popular introductory course to the Christian faith.
The whole Alpha course lasts for 11 weeks, with a day away in the middle.
Each session begins with a meal – a chance to get to know others. There is then a short talk, which looks at a different aspect of the Christian faith each week. This is followed by a time of discussion in smaller groups, where everyone is welcome to contribute their opinion, ask questions and discuss with the rest of the group.
The emphasis is upon exploration and discovery in a relaxed and informal environment.
There is no charge for attending the Alpha course.
The programme is as follows:
- Week 1 – Introductory evening
- Week 2 – Who is Jesus?
- Week 3 – Why did Jesus die?
- Week 4 – How can we have faith?
- Week 5 – Why and how do I pray?
- Week 6 – Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Week 7 – How does God guide us?
- Away day – Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Away day – What does the Holy Spirit do?
- Away day – How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- Week 8 – How can I resist evil?
- Week 9 – Why and how should I tell others?
- Week 10 – Does God heal today?
- Week 11 – What about the Church?
At All Saints’ we usually run Alpha from late September to mid-December.
Check out our news pages for information on the next course. To sign up or enquire further e-mail the church office or call (01642) 783814.