Worship Sermon Series
Morning Services 14 October – 25 November 2018
So much of the talk about worship is about form; old or new, books or screen, structured or spontaneous, dignified or emotional, dressed down or dressed up…
Ah, but as the Bible says, “people look at outward appearances, but God looks at the heart.” That’s what our sermon series on Worship will look at this autumn.
No human experience is more exhilarating than exalting the greatness and the glory and the majesty of God, whilst savouring the grace and goodness of Jesus Christ in worship. We were created for nothing less than this.
We hope you’ll join us.
Morning services are at 9am and 10.30am.
- 14 October – Worship: Why? (Psalm 95 and Colossians 1.15-20) Scott Linnett
- 21 October – Worship: Excellence (Malachi 1.6-14 and Matthew 2.1-2, 10-11) Kathryn Belmont
- 28 October – Worship: Presence (Exodus 33.12-23 and John 21.11-18) John Lambert
- 4 November – Worship: Awe (1 Samuel 19.11-24 and Matthew 14.25-33) Andrew Killick/Mike Smith
- 11 November – Remembrance Service at 9.45am
- 18 November – Worship: For Everyone (Joel 2.28-32 and 1 Corinthians 12.12-31) Paul Arnold
- 25 November – Worship: Intimacy (Song of Songs 2.10-13, John 12.1-3) John Lambert