The Church was built in four stages.
1. The nave, chapel (now converted as office space) and choir vestry (now a temporary chapel) were built in 1902-03.
All Saints’ was originally built as a church hall. It was intended that the main church building would be constructed next to the vicarage in Quarry Road but the decision was later taken to develop the site in Dunottar Avenue instead.
2. In 1957-9, the bell tower and spire were added. The chancel was also built and fitted with many ‘Mouseman’ items.
3. In 1993 the office and library (now combined into one larger room) narthex and WCs were built around the tower at the western end.
The narthex and chapel originally had a basement, but at some point during the late 20th Century these were filled in due to subsidence.
4. In 2004 a new Centre was added to the east end, replacing an old Youth Centre. It features a large main hall, a youth room with removable partition wall, a kitchen, WCs and substantial storage space.
Solar panels were installed on the Centre roof in January 2011. All Saints’ was the first church in Durham Diocese to introduce such a project. The solar panels generate about up to 10,000 kW per year, saving tons of carbon dioxide. What we do not use ourselves is fed into the national grid.