Diane Backhouse is our Parish Safeguarding Officer, appointed by the PCC, to act on its behalf in taking action should abuse ever be suspected or disclosed.
She reports to the PCC each month, arranges safeguarding training, and ensures DBS checks are up to date.
Diane’s email address is: email@example.com and you can click here to email her. She can also be contacted by phone: 07719 958597. Her mobile phone number and email address are also displayed on a noticeboard in the Church Centre .
All Saints’ detailed safeguarding policy is that of the Diocese of Durham and is available to view here.
A one-page summary of the church’s commitments on safeguarding is displayed in the Church Centre and is available to view here.
When should you contact Diane?
- If you suspect abuse, or are told about abuse, you should report it to Diane who will ensure your concern is taken seriously
- Do not delay as this could leave a child, young person or vulnerable adult unprotected against further abuse
- Please do not attempt to deal with the problem alone
Diane will not:
- Deal with the problem alone
- Press a child, young person or vulnerable adult for details of the alleged abuse
- Ask probing, leading, or suggestive questions
- On receipt of third party information, contact the person alleged to have been abused
- Contact the alleged abuser
- Contact the appropriate individuals or organisations who can best help
- Share information only on a strictly need-to-know basis
Concerns can also be raised with the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Mrs Beth Miller – she can be contacted as follows:
Address: Cuthbert House, Stonebridge, Durham DH1 3RY
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mobile: 07968 034075
For further information please also see the Diocese of Durham safeguarding pages