Jesus taught that God is our provider. The Bible teaches that each of us is valuable to God and that He looks out for all the things that we need. In response to God’s generosity, He calls us to be generous to others including to the work of His church. As we grow in our relationship with Jesus, our hope is that the whole of our lives would show our love for Him. Giving financially is part of this.
All Saints’ Church uses the generous gifts of its people both to serve the local community and to encourage in faith those in the church. In addition, we financially support churches working in deprived areas of the diocese and those serving in churches overseas.
Over 90% of All Saints’ income comes from congregation members. The rest is generated through rental income and centre hire. All Saints’ gets no regular grants or subsidies and is not financed by the Church of England. If you are interested how money is spent in this church, then please contact our Treasurer, Guy Wingate who will be happy to explain further.
There are several ways to give to the work of All Saints’ Church:
- The easiest way to give is via the Parish Giving Scheme. This is a direct debit arrangement which collects Gift Aid for us, and it allows you to make a regular monthly, quarterly, or annual payment to All Saints’. If you would like to set this up there is more information about the scheme and how to set it up here. Our parish code 130613312.
- You can give a one off donation via our online payment system.
- We have a contactless giving machine in the reception of the church centre. You can select the amount you would like to donate and make payment by your bank card.
- We can provide you with giving envelopes. Please contact our treasurer for more details about these Por if you would like to give in a different way.
- If you are considering leaving a legacy to the church, please contact our treasurer who will be able to help you.
We don’t pass a collection plate round during our services, however there is a wooden plate at the back of the church if you would like to give when you are in a service
If you pay UK tax and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift aid declaration The benefit to All Saints’ is that we can claim 25p for each £1 you give.
Guy Wingate, Treasurer