“Just as you excel in everything — in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us — see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” 

2 Corinthians 8:7


How can I give to the work of All Saints’?

Members of All Saints’ contribute to the life and work of the church in many different ways.

Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the variety of ways you can get involved and contribute to All Saints’ many ministries.


Give regularly

We believe that the mission of the church should be financed by generous giving as a free and joyful response to what God has done in our lives, not by fundraising.

There are many ways to do this:

1. By setting up a standing order with your bank. Please download and complete the Standing Order Form. If you would like help on how to set this up, please contact the Treasurer.

2. Through your employer’s payroll giving scheme (this only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this).

3. You can take a pack of numbered giving envelopes which we provide. These enable us to claim an additional sum from the HMRC – 25% of what you give – if you are a UK taxpayer (see below).

4. A collection is offered at all Sunday services and there are wooden plates as you come in for this purpose.

5. You may also like to consider making a donation to All Saints’ in your will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your will, or ask the Treasurer for more information.

If you would like to send us a cheque, please make it payable to All Saints’ Preston on Tees.


Tax-efficient giving

If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid Declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to All Saints’ is that we can claim 25p for each £1 you give. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)

If you have any questions on these or other ways of giving, please e-mail our Treasurer, or write to her at: All Saints’ Church, 22 Dunottar Avenue, Eaglescliffe, Stockton on Tees TS16 0AB.

How is All Saints’ financed?

Historically, approximately 90% of All Saints’ income is from congregation members who give regularly either by standing order or using the envelope scheme (including Gift Aid on taxpayers’ donations). The remaining 10% is generated through rental income and centre hire. All Saints’ gets no regular grants or subsidies from outside bodies.


What does the money go on?

In terms of expenditure, the PCC believe that it is biblical to give the first 10% of our income away to support ministries both overseas and at home. As a member of the Church of England, we share in the cost of offering ministry in every corner of the land. This video on parish share explains why this is so vital. Once general upkeep costs have been covered, all remaining money is spent on staff salaries.

Clearly, the amount of mission and outreach work we are able to do is limited by the amount of financial resources available. We would love that as we pursue our four-year vision as a church, we would not have to worry about whether we have sufficient money to cover all that we believe God has planned for us.

In the Bible, Malachi speaks of God’s blessing as we honour Him with our money:

“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Malachi 3:10


The Diocese of Durham has an entertaining and inspirational blog on generous giving. Click here to find out more.